Every year, the Giro di Burnaby depends heavily on our dedicated team of 250+ volunteers to make this world class cycling event come to life in the Heights Neighbourhood. Our window of time to set up the course, hang sponsor banners and supervise barricades for road closures is a monumental task and we can’t do it without your help. As a member of the ‘Giro Hero’ team, you will receive:
- An exclusive & specialized volunteer t-shirt;
- Food & snacks from Bosa Foods to keep you fueled on race day;
- An invite to our annual mandatory volunteer dinner/information session with an opportunity to win some amazing door prizes;
- The opportunity to get directly involved in one of North America’s most exciting professional cycle race events.
Race day is Thursday, July 13th, 2017 – so mark your calendars, and click the image/link below to fill out the volunteer application from on Better Impact!
Our volunteer team is now full! See you at the races on July 13th!
Volunteer Dinner & Meeting • MANDATORY ATTENDANCE
Date: Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Address: Confederation Seniors Centre for the Retired, 4585 Albert Street, Burnaby
Location Map: Click Here
Our mandatory volunteer meeting & appreciation dinner provides us all with an opportunity to meet before the race, learn more about the event and our roles as volunteers. This is our only time to connect prior to event day. Dinner is provided by many of our outstanding Burnaby Heights Merchants and you won’t go away hungry!. This meeting will take place at the Confederation Seniors Centre for the Retired at 4585 Albert Street in Burnaby.
At this dinner/meeting, you can expect the following:
- Review of race day logistics and assignment of volunteer positions and team leaders;
- Review of race day logistics & assignment of volunteer positions and team leaders;
- An amazing dinner provided by locals restaurants in the Burnaby Heights;
- Door prizes and giveaways (there’s another BIG one this year!!).
It’s very important that all volunteers are in attendance at this meeting/dinner. If, for any reason, you are not able to attend, please contact Rainy Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that being a ‘Giro Hero’ involves being able to do physical work. Although we work as a team to support one another, we have to move fast and be able to carry equipment. All volunteers must be on site by 3:30pm on Thursday, July 13th, 2017.